Still Learning!

I have to admit, after seeing other blogs of people that I admire I had envisioned my blog to be one that called people and organizations out on things that are being done completely wrong. A way to give my "highly needed" opinion (sarcasm of course) to those I thought deserved it. Unfortunately and fortunately I have found that the verbal beating must begin with me. The Lord continues to show me how full of pride I am in every way. The most recent spiritual spanking was in regards to spiritual pride. How long will it take me to learn that I should not compare myself to others?

It's funny how humans can completely lie to themselves and believe those lies with passion. "The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9 In the same way that I said for years that my musical abilities were all for the Lord, I find myself saying that I am not judging people but their actions. It was only when someone put me in the same category as "those" people that I realized how arrogant I am. So I make this pledge. I will not write on any subject, positive or negative, without searching my heart for the smallest drop of pride. I will assert that I am the chief of sinners in every way and approach judgement with fear and trembling.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7: 1-5

Comments

Popular Posts