Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation

 13Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance,15but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."


1 Peter 1:13-16


1. I prepare for every event coming up in my physical life naturally, but am I prepared spiritually for God to reveal Himself to me and those around me?


2. The Bible says to "prepare your minds".  Is my mind thinking on eternal things or do I let emotions and feelings run my mood, actions and decisions?


3. Is my hope in the grace of God or do I hope in the economy, my possessions, my family or even who might be in office politically?


4. Verse 14 calls me a child and in context, a child of God.  Does my obedience to Him come as a hindrance to me or flow out of a deep desire to please my Heavenly Father?


5. As a believer I know have understanding of scripture.  I now have understanding of sin and my relationship with Christ.  How can I avoid being conformed to my passions from when I was ignorant to these things? 


6. What practical things can I do daily to feed my new nature in Christ so that my fleshly nature will be submissive?


7. The one who is Holy calls me Holy because He MADE me Holy through the blood of Jesus.  How should this change the view I have of how I live my life and what does this tell me about how the Lord views me, His child?

Comments

Popular Posts