Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation Explanation

Two weeks ago I started posting the "Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation" series. Now that I have had some good feedback on this I would like to explain a few things.

First, this is not some series that I decided to start just to have something to blog. Blogging actually takes time out of the day that I almost never have so most blogs are done for personal use. I actually started with the idea that I wanted to learn to memorize more scripture, but then was convicted by the idea that like most of my education I learn to test and then to forget. So I decided to write down the memory verse I was studying that week and then write a meditative question for every day of the week regarding that verse.

So for the few of you that are gaining some blessing from these posts, this will help you continue. Read the verse everyday, then spend that day asking yourself the corresponding question with the day. The next day read the passage again and meditate on the next day's question. The next day read and begin memorizing the passage and meditate on that day's question. The idea being that at the end of the week you will have memorized the passage and not just to forget it, but because of the meditation/questioning through the week you will have actually applied it to your life and soul. In one year you will have meditated and at least semi-memorized the greater of 52 passages of scripture that will continue to stay with you.

I hope this helps with using these posts. I have for far too long not spent time soaking in the Word of God and that is a shame because to the Christian it should not only be "sweeter than honey" Psalm 199:103, but also "more precious than gold" Psalm 19:10.

Continue to send feedback and pass the post along to friends that might desire the same need for scripture memorization and meditation.

Comments

Popular Posts