Disclaimer

Just a note to those of you who are following the Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation Posts. If you are thinking that some passages may seem a bit long for memorization then you are right. However my response to that is two-fold.

First, the idea of the these posts is not merely to be able to regurgitate the passage and location. While it would be ideal to have everything memorized I would be fine with being able to recall a passage even if I didn't know it verbatim and even if I could only remember that it was found in the New Testament. I want to hide His word in my heart. At this point in my maturity if it comes out as a paraphrase then that is better than not knowing it at all.

Secondly I would simply say that while it may seem impossible to memorize longer passages of scripture, just take a moment and think about all the names, websites, addresses, books, movie lines and song lyrics that we can remember without even trying. In other words....Let's Get To Work!

Comments

Popular Posts