Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him!"
Psalm 34:8-9

1. In the same way that one "tastes victory" or "smells fear" is my relationship such with the Lord that I can spiritually "taste" His goodness?

2. Am I seeing with both spiritual and physical vision the Lord's goodness? If the answer is no, is it because I am spiritually blind and lost, or is it because I tend to focus on the negative so much that I am unaware of His goodness even when it is right in front of me?

3. Would my spouse, family and friends label me as a person who completely trusts in the Lord? Or would they say I am an anxious, worried and stressed individual?

4. How am I blessed for trusting the Lord? Make a list, see how long it is.

5. The Bible calls all followers of Christ, saints. In other areas of scripture the Bible also calls us sons and daughters of God. How should this affect my attitude towards who I was before Christ and who I am after Christ's sacrifice?

6. Does my now saintly relationship to the Father through the blood of Jesus cause me to fear (respect, reverence, honor, obey) the Lord? Why or why not?

7. Do I give more face-time to things like social gatherings, work, Facebook, twitter, emails, text messaging, golf, church activities etc. than I do to the Lord? If so, how can I practically and on a daily basis trust in and fear the Lord even to the point of tasting His goodness?

Comments

Popular Posts