Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation

Isaiah 58:13 

"If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of Yahweh honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking [your] [own] words,  Then you shall delight yourself in Yahweh; And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of Yahweh has spoken."

1. Do I keep the Sabbath Day holy by observing it every week, or is it sometimes a second or third priority?

2. Is my goal in observing the Sabbath to honor the Lord or is it more of a casual affair with casual dress and casual talk?

3. What does it mean to abstain from doing "my" pleasure, or speaking "my own" words on Yahweh's holy day?  Can I honestly say that I do that?

4.  Do I find delight in preparing for, participating in and anticipating the corporate worship and honor of God?  If not what does that say about my walk with Jesus?

5.  Do I observe Sunday because "that's just what we do" or out of excitement to gather with other brothers and sisters in the faith to praise the Lord?

6.  This verse says in part one "if you will do" and in part two "then I will do."  What does this tell me about how I should respond to this scripture?

7.  Yahweh is a name for God in the original Hebrew meaning "the one who causes to be."  It was a name for God that was regarded by the Jews as "to sacred to be spoken."  So to end this passage about HOW to keep the Sabbath holy with "The mouth of Yahweh has spoken" implies a direct command.  Am I willing to keep it?  Better yet, am I willing to disobey?  

Comments

Popular Posts