Weekly Bible Memory and Meditation (a very late post,,,but hey its the holidays take some time to read by the fire)

No Other Gospel


Galatians 1:6-10


6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different Gospel -- 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the Gospel of Christ. 8 But even if an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a Gospel contrary to the one you received. let him be accursed. 10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.


1.  Paul is not only astonished that the church in Galatia would abandon the Gospel but also how quickly they abandoned it.  What kind of things today could so easily and quickly lure us away from the truth of the Gospel?

2.  Paul acknowledges the fact there are those among us who want to stir up trouble and who want to distort the Gospel of Jesus.  Are we on the look out for such people and if we find them does this passage imply that we are responsible for protecting the body of believers from such people and distortions?

3.  Verse 8 says "Even if an angel from heaven" were to present a different Gospel.  Even a distortion of the Gospel can be beautiful; sin can even be beautiful.  What things in my life look nice and neat and even well intentioned that might go against what Christ examples for me in scripture?

4.  Paul actually repeats himself with regard to the statement above.  Again today ask, what things seem right in my life but do not match up with what God's word have said?

5.  Verse 10 is the question for today.  "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God?"

6.  Matthew 6:24 says "No man can serve two masters, for he will hate the one and love the other.." If I live to please man, am I saying that I hate God?

7.  If I live to please God, will others hate me for it?



Comments

Popular Posts